Terraform VMware Cloud Director Supplier v3.9.0 is obtainable now, introducing new options and enhancements.
Introducing assist for Container Service Extension (CSE) v4.0
This new model of the supplier incorporates a number of assets and knowledge sources that can permit customers to make the most of the Runtime Outlined Entity framework:
- rde_interface useful resource and knowledge supply, which permits suppliers to handle and fetch Runtime Outlined Entity Interfaces
- rde_type useful resource and knowledge supply, which permits suppliers to handle and fetch Runtime Outlined Entity Varieties
- rde useful resource and knowledge supply, which permits suppliers and tenants to handle and fetch Runtime Outlined Entities
With the addition of those, Terraform customers will be capable of set up the Container Service Extension v4.0 in VCD 10.4+ by following a new guide complemented with some examples that may be personalized and utilized, or just used as a place to begin.
The proposed examples construct the required parts for CSE v4.0 to work:
- Organizations, VDCs and a fundamental networking setup with ALB, that customers can improve
- Runtime Outlined Entity Varieties and their corresponding cases to have the ability to configure the CSE Server and the TKGm clusters
- World roles, roles, rights bundles and customers
- VM Sizing Insurance policies required by the TKGm clusters
- Catalogs and OVAs
- Deploys the CSE Server vApp
As soon as put in, tenant customers can provision and handle Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-cloud (TKGm) clusters utilizing the UI as regular.
Extending NSX-T capabilities
With this launch, the options associated to NSX-T continue to grow:
NSX-T Edge Gateway automated IP Allocation administration
Earlier than this characteristic was launched, NSX-T Edge Gateways would must be configured by utilizing static IP swimming pools. Since v3.9.0, they’ll now allocate IPs robotically by specifying numerous IPs that may be allotted per subnet, or per any subnet. You’ll be able to learn extra here.
New NSX-T assets and knowledge sources
New NSX-V options
For these utilizing NSX-V of their VMware Cloud Director home equipment, this new model of the supplier provides assist for Distributed Firewall in NSX-V VDCs. This can permit customers to section their VDC entities, equivalent to VMs, Edge Gateways, Networks, and so on, primarily based on a number of attributes, by creating layer 3 guidelines.
Introducing newest VCD options
Our worthwhile group has additionally helped us to introduce a number of cool options into this launch:
And, as at all times, we’re awaiting your suggestions and options in GitHub Issues and #vcd-terraform-dev Slack channel (vmwarecode.slack.com).